I've tried to make taking a course on my website as straightforward and as easy as possible.
Still, even the simplest of digital tools can sometimes get confusing. While I can't help figure out everything (or even very much), I can try to point you in the right direction.
Here are a few pointers in case you're having trouble accessing something you'd like to access.
Most of the time, a simple Google search will elicit an enormous set of resources–quickly, efficiently, and specifically. Very often when people ask me tech questions, it’s what I do to find the answer. If technology is challenging for you, practicing this kind of research will itself become a form of learning.
Here’s an example
Many people ask, “I want to download the PDF or audio file from your page to my computer. How do I save a file from a link?”
If the instructions on the page aren't seeming to help, try a Google search for “Save PDF from link” or “Save audio file from link” or “save file from link.”
Usually, one of the first two search results will be what you need.
Next, see if your issue is addressed below.
If you’re expecting an email from me, you might need to “whitelist” the email address. Here are some steps to follow:
- Check your Spam and Promotions, Social, folders. If you see any emails that shouldn’t be there, move them to the inbox, or click “not spam” or a similar button (each email system is different – to find out how to tell your email provider an email isn’t spam, please Google as instructed above).
- My email addresses to your address book. (If you’re unsure how to do this, please Google, “How to add email address to address book in ________ .”)
- Here are the email addresses you might want to add to your contacts list/address book: (Note: replace the "AT"” with @ and use no spaces.)
- thpruiksma AT gmail.com
- news AT thomaspruiksma.com
This is usually a browser cache/history/cookie issues. Especially with Safari.
Here are a few things to try.
- Try a different browser. Chrome is the one we use. We also have to clear our cache and history.
- Clear your cookies and cache/history. See “How and Why do I need to clear my browser history/cache/cookies?"
- Cut and paste the URL for page/program you are trying to go to and put that in a new browser window.
- Bookmark the URL for that page.
Help with Tech
Another option, if you’re still getting stuck, is to get some professional tech support.
Here's someone who was highly recommended to me. For those who need compassionate support and assistance making the best and easy use of technology, Annamarie Pluhar and her services may be really helpful. If you’re stuck anywhere, Annamarie can help support you. Her website is: http://patientsympatheticcoaching.com
If you've looked through this list and still need help, please complete the form at the bottom of the page, and I’ll do our best to point you in the right direction.